Our spacious float tanks allow you to leave the tank open or closed, have colored lights or darkness. Flotation therapy is very beneficial for athletes, expectant mothers, and anyone looking to improve their health or boost their creativity.
The sea salt creates a feeling of Zero-gravity, which allows the user to float effortlessly ,letting your body relieve the pressure and tension off all your joints and muscles. The absence of senses of touch, sound, or sight and external stimulations lets your body experience a relaxing environment.
What is Floatation Therapy?
For centuries many people have focused on learning the healing qualities of water and salt in places like the Dead Sea. A float spa uses salt water to decrease physical pain and increase mental clarity which will improve your quality of life.
For those new to floatation therapy, we recommend our intro package! In our personal experience, it can take a while to learn how to float. When you purchase an intro package, you receive two 60-minute floats to be used within one month. This gives you the opportunity to enjoy the advantages of frequent floating, and to get over any “first timer” issues. Once you love floating, check out our memberships for continued savings.
Enjoy four 60- minutes floats for yourself and or others and the fifth one is a gift to you!!
Buy 4 Get 1 Free / $220
Enhance Your Floating Experience
Ask your float host for more info!
The light and sound free environment provides deep peace and relaxation and this state of mind provides wonderful health benefits as stress relief, relief from migraine and tension headaches, reduces blood pressure and PTSD.
The environment of floating without pressure in our body provides many physical benefits such as pain relief, joint relief, pregnancy pressure & fatigue, and most importantly, it allows the body to improve healing.
Floating and being exposed to sea salt environments provides the health benefits of lowering blood pressure, improving skin and hair, relieves and heals soreness in our muscles and joints and detoxification of our body.
Couples Float Spa Package
Our spacious floatation tanks are designed to provide a peaceful environment of healing and tranquility for the body and mind to unwind, relax, and rejuvenate, so why not enjoy them together? Prepare for your individual float by sitting peacefully together in the warmth of an Infrared Sauna.
Two 60-minute Individual Float Sessions
One shared 30-minute Infrared Sauna Session
At Mystic Flow Wellness Center we love being a part of our community and supporting the people who serve it.
We believe that everyone can benefit from regular floatation therapy, so we offer Community Hours every Tuesday morning from 10AM – 2PM and Thursday evening from 4PM-8PM.
- Community Hours are open to:
- First responders
- Nurses, teachers, community and social service workers
- Military active service, veterans and National Guard
- People with chronic conditions or illnesses (including anxiety, addiction and PTSD)
- Anyone who finds our regular prices to be a hardship
Community Hours are $50 for 60 minute floats only.
International studies have shown that flotation therapy can greatly improve the lives of people with autoimmune and chronic health problems by decreasing their pain, muscle tension, anxiety, and stress. Regular floaters experience long term benefits and pain relief. We offer a special discount for clients who suffer from any of these conditions during our Community Hours ($50/60 min float) available any day and time.
First time floating? Mystic Flow Wellness Center in Gainesville, VA would like to welcome you and introduce you to floating for better health.We hope you love floating as much as we do. Here’sour favorites tips to help make your float experience mostenjoyable:
When you arrive / float preparation:
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. We will greet you, offer a tour, and answer any questions you may have.
- Once you enter your private float room, remove your clothes and all jewelry. Shower to remove oils, fragrances, and hair products.
- Dry your face to avoid distracting water droplets, insert your foam ear plugs and step into the tank. We do have swimmers ear plugs available for purchase.
- Sit on the floor of the tank, then lie back. Your ears will be under the water line, but your face will remain above it. We provide float pillows.
- The audio track will advise you to make yourself comfortable. When your session is complete, the lights and music will come on and you will be welcomed back.
- Exit the tank, then shower again to remove any salty residue. It’s good float etiquette to keep your post-float shower brief; we have other guests. Once you’re dressed, please exit the room to make way for our next guest. You’re welcome to use our restrooms for drying your hair (we have a dryer) or reapplying makeup. We ask you to please keep any personal body products (e.g. scented lotion) for use in the bathroom out of courtesy to our other guests.
- You’re welcome to relax in our lounge after your float. Tea and water are available.
Our float pods allow you the freedom to choose to listen to music or enjoy silence. We have several music options.
Here are our sound options. In just six floats you can try them all to choose your favorite!
- Spa Music: This is the relaxing music you hear in our Center, designed to balance your chakras.
- Healing Sounds: Long tones at different vibrations, designed to heal your organs.
- Ambient: Ambient music, deeply relaxing.
- Ocean Waves: Our ocean waves track includes subliminal messages for your abundance and prosperity.
- Guided Meditation: A brief guided meditation followed by classical music with nature sounds.
- Focus/Concentration: Tibetan singing bowls, chimes, and shamanic drumming.
- Dark Side of the Moon: Instrumental version of the Pink Floyd classic.
Everything We’ve Ever Been Asked About Floating
What If I have mobility issues?
As our floating pods are elevated above ground level, we kindly request that individuals with significant mobility challenges consider bringing a companion along to provide assistance when entering and exiting the pod. They are welcome to stay in the lounge area and relax while you float.
Do I need to bring anything?
- We provide everything (towels, earplugs, robes, sandals, body wash, shampoo, and conditioner) and you go in nude.
- If you have long hair you may want to bring a brush.
- We recommend that no one be freshly shaven or waxed on any part of their body.
- It’s beneficial to not be overly hungry or overly full.
- Be prepared to remove contact lenses.
- We are happy to provide a hair dryer for your use after you exit your float room.
- Our pods are equipped with auxiliary cables if you would like to bring your own music.
- Out of respect to other guests, if you choose to bring your own body products for after your float, we ask that you use those products in the bathrooms following your session.
Should I hydrate?
It’s a good idea to be properly hydrated, not just for floating, but all the time! There’s no need to overly hydrate in preparation for your float.
What if I have a skin condition, cut, etc?
We can provide Vaseline to protect any small cuts or rashes (e.g. eczema). Just ask us for a packet.
Do I wear a swimsuit?
Birthday suit works just fine! You are in a private room and the float pod is like a giant bathtub. If you feel more comfortable using a swimsuit, just be mindful that the water is SUPER SALTY. And don’t forget to bring your suit back home!
Will my hair get wet?
Yes! You can try bringing a swim cap if you’d like to keep your hair dry…but the water is actually really good for your hair.
What if I fall asleep?
Lucky you! Sleeping in the pod is perfectly safe.
I can't float!
EVERYONE floats in the pod! 1,000 lbs of medical grade Epsom salt dissolved in 200 gallons of water means you float effortlessly….you just bob to the top of the water.
Does the lid close on you?
No! You close the lid manually yourself.
Can I leave the lid open?
Yes, you can, but keep in mind that you WILL feel cold if you leave the lid open.
What if I'm claustrophobic?
Even our most claustrophobic guests feel very comfortable in our pods. Our float pods are 7ft x 5ft and a petite person can even stand up inside the pod with the lid closed. You are in complete control of whether your lid is opened or closed, whether you use a light, and you can open the lid or get out at any time.
What if I arrive late?
Out of respect to our other guests, if you arrive late you will be given the option to reschedule your session or cut your float time.
Do you change the water after every guest?
The water in the floatation tanks contains mostly salt, so the solution is sterile. After every guest, our cleaning cycle kicks on. We use Micron Filtration, Ultra Violet Rays, and Ozone Generators to keep the water clean. Our powerful filtration system ensures that every drop of water is filtered between floats, providing our guests with the most sanitary environment possible. The Evolution Filtration System is able to filter particles from the water to 1 micron in size and are FDA compliant for drinking water (Class 1 Filtration).
Will I fit in the pod?
Our pods are 7ft by 5ft! Apologies to our super tall guests.
Can pregnant women float?
We welcome our pregnant mamas! We recommend waiting till after the first trimester and floating with your caregiver’s permission. Floating is wonderful relief for your body, and many women report that it’s a wonderful bonding experience with baby, as you are experiencing the same sensations as your baby. Learn more here.
How will I know when it starts and ends?
A welcome message will alert you to the beginning and end of your session. For our “float professionals,” we can turn off the message for a more seamless relaxation experience.
Why do I have to wait after having my hair colored?
We recommend at least 10 days and several washes after your hair is colored to ensure your color is not affected and to keep hair dye from leaking into the float pod water.
Why shouldn't I be freshly shaven or waxed?
The water in the float is approximately 30x saltier than the ocean! That can burn freshly shaved or waxed skin. Know your body and plan accordingly.
Can I bring my own shampoo/soap/conditioner/etc?
We do provide towels, robes, spa shoes, shampoo, soap and conditioner. You’ll find lotion in our restrooms. We ask that any personal body products are used only in our restroom out of courtesy for our other guests.
Can kids float?
Yes, we have had guests ages 5-18! For youngest children we may recommend a parent stays in the room during the float. All minors require signed parental consent before floating.
What if I just got a tattoo?
Fresh tattoos and floats do not mix! We recommend waiting at least one month (minimum) after a new tattoo before floating.
Can two people float in one pod?
Sorry, our pods are designed for only one person at a time. We have two float rooms, so you can float at the same time in separate rooms.
What if I just got a piercing?
We recommend following the advice for pools and the ocean after a piercing typically one to three months.
Is it better to use the sauna before or after the float?
We recommend a 30 minute sauna session prior to your float. This detoxifies your body and opens your pores, allowing the magnesium from the epsom salts to easily absorb into your body. Ask about our membership program– you’ll save money on floating and receive a complimentary sauna visit each month.
Should I float before or after indoor tanning?
Due to the delay in potential sunburn we recommend tanning after your float or spa day. Floating with a sunburn is no fun! If you are doing a spray tan wait 24 hours and one shower at least.
How can I be an eco-conscious floater?
We are happy to provide each guest a luxury spa experience, but at your discretion there are actions that can be taken to help keep our planet beautiful. Every towel and robe used consumes water, energy, and detergent. You are welcome to bring your own towel to minimize waste. If you are a regular floater, we suggest getting a pair of reusable ear plugs to help keep plastic out of our oceans. Keeping your pre and post float showers brief can help conserve water.
Do I need to use the earplugs?
We do provide foam earplugs as a courtesy. We also sell Swimmer’s Earplugs, which are reusable! They work better in the float and are better for the environment. Many guests choose to float without earplugs. A good rinse of your ears during your post-float shower can help remove salt from your ears.